Monday, May 17, 2010

Adopting Babies and puppies

I have changed my mind...I always thought I wanted to get pregnant and go through the cycle of giving birth...but I know I cannot. So I am serious about adopting children.

I was just looking at some celebrities who have adopted and I found some encouraging ones -
"My life is definitely richer," says Sheryl Crow of having adopted son Wyatt "and he's the first thing I think of in the morning, and the first thing I think of before I go to sleep."
What makes the Aussie actor Hugh Jackman happiest is "being with my family, definitely, without a doubt..".Family for Jackman is wife of 15 years Deborra-Lee Furness and their two adopted children Oscar, 9, and Ava, 4. The hands-on dad says adopting is "phenomenal, and there are so many kids in need. It's the greatest thing that's ever happened to us."
"Wanting a big family is one of things that brought us together," says Angelina Jolie, whose adopted children hail from Cambodia, Vietnam and Ethiopia. Adds partner Pitt, "Always said if I were to do it, I'd do it big."
"I never felt like I was on a rescue mission or anything like that," Meg Ryan says. "I was on a mission to connect with somebody."
"Motherhood was not an urge I couldn't resist," Diane Keaton has said, "it was more like a thought I'd been thinking for a very long time." In 1996 at age 50, the actress adopted daughter Dexter, and son, Duke. The famously press-shy star says, "I do feel now that the love of my children is all-encompassing."
Through all her ups and downs, Kristy Alley's counted on two very important people: son William True, 17, and daughter Lillie Price, 15, "They are very protective of me."
In 1968, when Barbara Walters brought home a 4-day-old baby girl, she told no one. "I didn't really want people to know because there was a whole question of the biological mother," Walters told Larry King in 2001. "When you have an adopted child, people can't understand that it's yours. ... I've said [she's] born in my heart. Maybe not in my uterus, but in my heart," Walters said. "And so, I can't think of not having Jackie."
When... saw then 7-year-old Nathen at an L.A. adoption fair in 2008, he knew he'd found his son. "He has a spark. He was balancing himself on a curb, and I was like, 'That's my kid,'" "Most people want infants, but I fell in love with Nathen."


As I was browsing, I came across this site where apparantly Sandra Bullock has two handicapped dogs - one three legged one and another two legged one.

"Where I go, they go.Who's going to walk a two-legged dog?"
"If it has four legs and is perfectly okay, it's got to have some emotional problems!"
- I have learnt this about people, the most seemingly-perfect people have some serious problems somewhere or the other.
By virtue of not having her front legs, Ruby enjoys being carried. "She was born with, like, a little flipper here, and a little flipper here. She's like a little dinosaur, a velociraptor."

No comments: